THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR BODY WHEN YOU DRINK COCONUT WATER FIRST THING IN THE MORNING
The latest health trend in America, coconut water, is a natural drink abundant in immune boosting vitamins and nutrients that can significantly improve your overall health. The liquid from tender, unripe coconuts is a natural isotonic beverage, low in calories, and zero fat and cholesterol. It also contains easily absorbed carbohydrate in the form of sugar and electrolytes.
Providing more electrolytes than most sports drinks, and more potassium than bananas, coconut water promotes hydration by stimulating the plasma, which accounts for 55% of human blood.
Plus, the lauric acid found in coconut water is the same as human breast milk. It is completely free of chemicals, which makes it completely safe for children, even babies.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF COCONUT WATER
- Due to the large fiber content, coconut water improves digestion, and if consumed regularly, it relieves problems caused by stomach acid or indigestion.
- It’s highly nutritious and makes you feel full longer. It efficiently keeps cravings at bay, thus helping you to lose weight and maintain a balanced weight. As coconut water has very little fat, you can never have too much of it.
- Coconut water has the same structure as blood plasma, a vital component of blood that makes up over 50% of blood volume.
- Coconut water has the ability to kill a wide range of viruses and bacteria in the body owing to its monolaurin content, which acts as an antiviral and antimicrobial monoglyceride.
- Coconut water is extremely beneficial for supporting your immune system. It destroys bacteria that cause urinary tract infections, gonorrhea, gum disease and the viruses that cause influenza, infectious diseases and typhoid.
- Acting as a natural diuretic, this water is also beneficial for those suffering from kidney disorders. It cleans the urinary tract and bladder channels by fighting infections. Plus, it removes toxins from the body and reduces problems caused by kidney stones.
- It improves your thyroid gland function by stimulating the production of thyroid hormones.
- It significantly boosts energy levels and is especially useful for those who suffer from chronic fatigue.
- Last, but not least, it can greatly improve your skin quality. Plus, it efficiently treats oily-skin conditions such as acne. It cleanses and rejuvenates the skin, and unlike numerous creams and lotions, it doesn’t clog the pores.
WHY YOU SHOULD DRINK COCONUT WATER ON AN EMPTY STOMACH
It has been found that regular consumption of coconut water on an empty stomach can boost your immunity, stimulate your metabolism, reduce LDL cholesterol and detoxify the body, all in a completely natural way.
Only one cup of coconut water in the morning can regulate your electrolyte status, the imbalance of which can sometimes lead to hypertension or high blood pressure. Plus, it offers maximum hydration for your body and skin.
Regular consumption of coconut water can also significantly improve intestinal function.
Some of the health benefits of drinking coconut water on an empty stomach include:
- naturally immune system support
- improved intestinal health
- increased metabolism & weight loss
- balance pH levels
- body detoxification
- fatigue prevention
- hypertension prevention
- blood sugar regulation
- improved circulation
- reduced cancer risk
- kidney stone removal
- relief from stomach pain and indigestion
HOW TO PREPARE COCONUT WATER AT HOME
Today there are several ready-to-drink coconut waters available on the market. Some popular brands include Vita Coco, Zico Pure and O.N.E. However, store-bought coconut water comes in bottles and cartons, and is generally liable to altered nutritional profile due to the fact that it contains additives and preservative for longer shelf life.
Therefore, your best option is to buy young, tender coconuts, which you can keep for about 5-10 days at room temperature. To prepare coconut water at home, use a long sickle to cut open the outer layer of the coconut either at the top or bottom end, and then to cut open the inner hard shell. You then sip the water inside the nut using a straw. Enjoy the coconut drink without any additions!