Well here’s a solution for you! You don’t need to waste any of your money to buy chemical repellents because there is a homemade flea insect repellent better than chemical repellents available in the market.
Introducing the Homemade Flea Powder Recipe:
- 1 cup Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth
(Diatomaceous Earth is soft powder made up of fossilized remains of tiny aquatic organisms called diatoms. Their skeletons are made of a natural substance called silica. Under a microscope, DE is very sharp, allowing it to puncture the exoskeleton of insects and causing them death by dehydration. Rest assured, it is safe to your pets because it kills the parasites via physical action, not chemical)
- 1/2 cup Neem Powder
(Neem has been used for centuries as a very effective herbal insect repellent, repelling fleas, ticks, lice, mites, ants and mosquitoes. Moreover, keeps the larvae from developing and they die without producing a new generation)
- 1/2 cup Yarrow Powder
(Yarrow is a wonderful anti-inflammatory for skin conditions and soothes irritated skin. It is also anti-microbial and has pain relieving properties. Because pets with fleas tend to get secondary infections from flea bites, Yarrow protects your pet from those secondary infections and also helps soothe red, irritated skin.)
- 20 Drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
(Eucalyptus oil is a natural bug and insect repellent.)
- Mix all ingredients together and put in a shaker top container.
- Apply from head to tail along your pets spine in dry conditions.
- Brush your pets fur going the opposite direction so the powder comes in contact with the skin. Avoid the eyes and nose.
- Rub the powder on the belly and legs. Try to get the flea powder on as much skin as you can.
- You can use this Flea Powder once a month to your pets with no serious flea infestation.
- If your pet has serious flea infestation, you will need to apply more often, depending on how bad of an infestation you are dealing with.
Especial Note: If you have a flea infestation, you will also need to apply this flea powder to your floors, windowsills, door sills, pet bedding, sofa, etc. Focus your efforts where your pet spends the most amount of time, since fleas and their eggs will be the most concentrated in those areas. Just apply a light dusting to the areas in your house and leave it there overnight. Vacuum in the morning or sometime the next day. Do this once a week for 4 weeks if you have a flea infestation.
This flea powder does not work overnight, therefore, patience, dedication, and determination is important and crucial. But I tell you, it’s worth it because it’s effective.