Time to make: 20 mins
Total cost: $6.88 / $3.44 per serve
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon garlic-flavoured rice bran oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 cup broccoslaw mix (or use chopped carrot, cabbage and broccoli)
- 2 tablespoons cashew pieces
- 1 cup frozen prawns
- 1 1/2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 fresh chilli, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
Step 1Heat garlic oil in a large pan or wok. Add onion and cook until softened. Add broccoslaw and stir-fry until vegetables are slightly softened.
Step 2Add cashews and prawns. Stir-fry until prawns start to colour.
Step 3Add rice, ginger and chilli. Stir to combine. Add soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir-fry until rice is hot and everything is well combined. Serve garnished with coriander, bean sprouts or kaffir lime leaves.
Buy frozen prawns when they’re on special and keep them on hand to make a meal when there’s not much else in the house.