Try this light, satisfying dish featuring sweet, nutritious asparagus, sugar snap peas, and carrots.
3 tablespoons less sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 carrots, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
8 ounces asparagus, sliced on the diagonal into 1/2-inch pieces
4 ounces sugar snap peas, sliced into thirds on the diagonal
4 scallions, thinly sliced
3 cups cooked and cooled brown rice
12 leaves fresh basil, torn
- In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, asparagus, and snap peas and stir to coat. Add 1/4 cup of water, cover tightly, and steam for about 1 minute, or until crisp-tender.
- Stir in the scallions, rice, and the soy mixture.
- Cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Stir in the basil and serve.
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 0.8g
Dietary fiber 5.1g
Added sugar 0g