Stomach vacuum is the latest fitness trend that results in a flat, toned abdomen in a matter of weeks and consists of exhaling all the air from your lungs and “sucking in” your stomach as much as you can for about 10 seconds.
You may think of it as easy and useless, but once you start doing it every day you will soon notice how your waistline gradually reduces in size.
- Put your knees and hands on the floor, or stand with your hands on a table. Make sure your back stays curved to ease the vacuum.
- Exhale all the air from your lungs, squeezing your diaphragm.
- Suck your belly in, expanding your lungs as if you were breathing, but don’t inhale. Using your diaphragm, suck in your belly very tight. Feel your stomach getting closer to your spine.
- Hold like this for about 10 seconds.
- Release and take a few deep breaths.
- Repeat the exercise several times.