- 8 ounces package of cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 14 ounces can, sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
- small baked shells (croustades)
Container: Small mixing bowl
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and lemon juice until smooth.
- Add the vanilla and sweetened condensed milk to the cream cheese mixture, beating 45 to 60 seconds to mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Spoon this filling mixture into the small baked pastry shells, approximately 1 tablespoon or less per shell.
- Garnish with fresh berries such as blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries. Some larger fruits, such as strawberries or kiwi, can be sliced into smaller pieces.
- Refrigerate 1 hour, until mixture thickens.
- This recipe makes approximately 3 cups of filling.
- If a lighter flavored cheesecake is desired, eliminate the lemon juice and replace the sweetened condensed milk with 8 ounces of whipped topping.
- Other fillings can be substituted for the cheesecake filling, such as frozen yogurt, ice cream, or sorbet. If frozen fillings are to be served, fill the pastry shells with the filling desired and freeze until ready to serve. Garnish with fruit just before serving.