Doctors have long lauded beets for their ability to improve blood circulation.
The secret to their circulation-boosting power is the massive concentration of natural nitrates found in the red root veggies. These nitrates perform a key role in helping your body produce extra nitric oxide molecules in the blood, which are extremely helpful in dilating blood vessels and reach the muscles throughout your body.
The beet’s benefits extend from your brain to your toes: Beets can improve your diet, boost brainpower,, increase and defend your body against various health issues–especially
The earthy flavor of beets can definitely be an acquired taste for some. But when you pair it with your favorite and feta—it makes for a delicious and healthy combination in these beet wraps with hummus.
- Your favorite hummus
- 1 6-inch whole-grain tortilla per wrap
- ½ cup peeled and grated beet (Cut your beet into 3 or 4 big chunks and grate using the grating disk of a food processor or large holes of box grater. This will make enough for two wraps)
- 1 tbsp feta (1/2 oz) per wrap
- A fistful of arugula, roughly chopped, per wrap
- Spread 1 tbsp hummus down the center of each tortilla. Sprinkle evenly with beets, feta and arugula. Roll up and enjoy!