The cookie exchange can be done a couple of different ways. Depending on the time that you are working with will probably make your choice easier. If you have all day, mix and bake the cookies together. This way you can share stories and decorate goodies with your friends.
- You can have each of your guests simply bring the recipe and mix it up and bake it up at the party;
- Have each guest bring the premixed batter to the destination;
- or each guest brings the baked goodies and they are distributed between the guests.
All guests should let the invitees know what they are planning to make so you don’t have duplicates. Remember to bring copies of the recipe the date of the party.
- Set a date. Finding a date is difficult, but pick one that works for the majority of your invitees.
- Invite 4-5 guests. Anymore than 6 people could make it difficult to maneuver around the kitchen.
- If you will be doing the baking on site, stock up on pantry items such as sugar, flour, etc.
- Either have each guest bring enough containers for 6 dozen cookies or have them on hand. You can get some holiday containers at great bargains this time of year. Have labels on hands to label all of the goodies.
- Have some healthy snacks and beverages, like mulled cider, available during the gathering. Healthy snacks are perfect when you are stealing sweets left and right.
- Create stations for mixing, baking, decorating and packaging.