EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW THIS – HOW TO SURVIVE A HEART ATTACK IF YOU ARE ALONE AT THE TIME
A heart attack, or myocardial infarction (MI), is a medical emergency. It happens when there’s death to a segment of heart muscle caused by the loss of blood supply. During a heart attack the heart muscle that loses its blood supply starts to suffer injury. However, despite that injury to a part of the heart, the rest of the organ tries to carry on. That’s our window to save ourselves before the worst comes to an end.
When you experience these signs and symptoms, you might be having an attack.
- Sharp, knife like stabbing or crushing pain not relieved by rest
- Pain in both arms, or radiating pain to neck, jaw or stomach
- Dizziness, nausea, and difficulty of breathing
When you have all of these, follow these simple tips that can definitely make a difference.
- Notify Others. Immediately call in 911 and just don’t hang up. They wil track your call.
- Increase your oxygen. Try to open a fan or window and breathe.
- Cough. Trying to cough at least every 3 seconds helps your body to get rid of any blockage there is.
- Omit intake of any liquid and food.
The key is to keep you conscious as long as possible until medical help is readily accessible.