- 8 ounces package of cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- baked pastry shells or waffle cone cups or patty shells
- fresh fruit
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a small mixing bowl, blending well. Add vanilla and whipped topping to the cream cheese and sugar mixture, beating 45 to 60 seconds to mix together.
- Spoon this filling mixture into the baked pastry shells, approximately 1/2 cup per shell. Garnish with fresh fruit of choice, such as blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and/or kiwi. Some fruits can be sliced, if desired.
Recipe makes approximately 3 cups of filling. Optionals:
If a cold filling is desired, refrigerate until ready to serve and then fill cups just before serving.
Other fillings that can replace the cheesecake in the waffle shell include frozen yogurt, ice cream ,or sorbet. To prepare, fill pastry shells with filling desired and freeze until ready to serve. Garnish with fruit just before serving.
If a richer flavored cheesecake is desired, replace the whipped topping with 14 ounces of sweetened condensed milk and add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to the ingredients.