This smoothie is very filling, and eaten in addition with regular meals can serve as a weigh gain smoothie.
This has just under 600 calories (see nutrition information below), meaning that if you don’t want to put on extra weight, you should use this as a meal replacement, rather than a meal supplement. This smoothie is also high in fat and protein, which helps stave of hunger much more effectively than carbohydrates alone.
This is a good way to get a good dose of nutrients and satisfy a sweet tooth at the same time.
Benefits of this smoothie
• The yogurt supplies Calcium and probiotics, which help replenish healthy flora in the digestive tract.
• The banana is high in potassium, fiber, manganese, and Vitamin B6
• The dark chocolate is high in antioxidants
Between the vanilla yogurt, peanut butter, and banana, this blend offers a generous serving of protein, calcium, and fiber.
¼ Cup milk
¾ Cup plain or vanilla yogurt
2-3 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips
1 Cup ice
2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
How to make it
Pour the milk onto the blades of the blender. Add the yogurt, chocolate, and banana and mix. Then add the ice and peanut butter to the mix and blend well again until there are no ice or chocolate pieces left.
Makes one large serving.
Tips to keep your smoothie healthy:
• Use plain yogurt to keep the sugar content low (you can always sweeten the smoothie with honey or vanilla extract)
• Use dark chocolate in order to get the highest number of antioxidants
• Make sure that you use a nut butter that is natural and without trans fats or high fructose corn syrup. The healthiest and best tasting kinds have these ingredients: peanuts, and salt
Total Fat: 27 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Cholesterol: 21 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 63 g
Dietary Fiber: 6 g
Sugars 45 g
Protein 23 g