- 2 cups non-fat milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- small chocolate bar for garnish (optional)
- whipped topping for garnish (optional)
Container: sauce pan and 4 ramekins
- Pre-measure all ingredients.
- Heat milk approximately 3 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently. Add sugar, cocoa powder, instant coffee, cornstarch and chocolate chips. Stir constantly for 6 minutes or until mixture becomes thick.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Divide among 4 small ramekins.
- Cool for 20-30 minutes. Garnish with chocolate curls or whipped cream if desired and serve.