- 8 ounces vermicelli or thin spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine – melted
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 onion – finely chopped
- 15 ounces pizza quick sauce
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package pepperoni slices
- green olives (optional)
Container: 9 x 13 baking dish
- Cook the vermicelli. While vermicelli is cooking, melt the butter and pour it into the bottom of the baking dish.
- When the vermicelli is done cooking, drain it and place it in the bottom of the baking dish with the melted butter.
- Brown the hamburger and onion; drain off the grease.
- Add the pizza quick sauce and tomato sauce to the browned hamburger.
- Pour the meat mixture over the vermicelli; spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle the Swiss cheese over the meat mixture and then sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese over the Swiss cheese layer.
- Layer the pepperoni on top. Optional: add green olives on top of the pepperoni layer.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight. Bake at 400 degrees F. for 25 minutes.