Castor oil has long been used as a natural remedy against brown spots on the skin, ankle injuries, lower back pain and many other conditions. Apart from being easily available and inexpensive, castor oil can improve your health on many levels. In fact, it has a wide array of applications even though its popularity still hasn’t peaked.
What’s more, this oil is generally recommended by holistic practitioners for diseases that don’t respond to conventional treatments.
According to Doctor William Mc Gray, castor oil can be used for the following:
- It can effectively remove warts after four-week application.
- It removes calcium deposits on the sole by having regular daily massages.
- Castor oil and baking soda combination have proved effective in treating skin cancer.
- It prevents snoring after a two-week application.
- It relieves pain and itching from insect bites, including bee stings.
- It treats allergies successfully when taken at a dosage of five drops each morning.
- It speeds up healing of wounds, cuts and bruises.
- It heals cataract when one drop of oil is dripped in the affected eye every night before bedtime.
- It eases severe ocular allergies when rubbed on the eyelids before bedtime.
- Pilonidal cysts disappear with topical use of castor oil.
- A mixture of castor oil and baking soda lightens and eventually removes brown spots on the skin.
- It alleviates pain in the lower back when used once a week.
- It prevents chronic diarrhea when used as a coating on the belly.
- It removes nodules on the vocal cords and chronic hoarseness when applied regularly on the neck for three months.
- It completely eradicates tinnitus when taken orally at a dosage of 6-8 drops a day for a month.
- It treats hyperactivity when applied as a belly lining.
- It stimulates hair growth when applied on the scalp 20 minutes before shampooing.
- It prevents pregnancy stretch marks when rubbed on the belly the last two months of pregnancy.
- It speeds up the recovery of injured wrist when applied as a coating and left overnight.
- It significantly reduces hearing loss when dripped in the ear at a dosage of 2-3 drops.
- It can also speed up the healing of hepatitis.
- It eliminates nail fungus when used as a coating on the affected areas every day.
- It alleviates recovery from alcoholism.
- It’s beneficial for treatment of melanoma when applied topically on regular basis.
- It improves health in the terminal phase of cancer.
As you can see, castor oil is mostly used as a compress. You simply need cold-pressed castor oil, clean gauze, plastic sheeting, a bottle with hot water and towel. It’s also important to clean your skin with baking soda solution before and after castor oil coating.
To successfully apply a castor oil coating, dip the gauze into warm castor oil and apply on the affected area. Cover this with foil, then place the bottle filled with hot water, wrap in a towel and hold like this for at least an hour. Find a comfortable position during this time and rest. Apply the coating for 40 days. Make sure you apply enough oil and warm up the coating before each use. When the oil changes color or smell, change the coating.