With only 43 calories in 100 grams, beetroot is the ideal vegetable for dieting.
Health benefits of beetroot
– It promotes substance exchange in the body, which means it regenerates your body.
– It regulates your blood pressure, thus protecting your cardiovascular system.
– It balances cholesterol levels in the blood.
– It improves liver function by supporting the elimination of toxins.
– It improves skin, hair and nail quality.
– It reduces the effect of excess stomach acids.
– It’s effective against constipation.
– It boosts your mood.
A number of studies have confirmed beetroot is extremely beneficial in treatment against leukemia and cancer.
First of all, beets are abundant in betaine, which is an amino acid with powerful anticancer properties. Plus, it’s a strong anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and detoxification agent. Studies confirm that betaine destroys cells in the tumor tissue.
Beetroot can be used for the treatment of many types of cancer; however more research is required in this field. The findings of one study revealed that 100% of subjects suffering from cancer positively responded to beet treatment.
Beetroot and therapy
The therapy against leukemia and cancer based on beets is quite simple. The patient should consume half a kilogram of fresh beets every day; it’s best eaten as a salad in combination with olive oil and lemon. It’s also recommended that the patient follows a prescribed medical diet which improves the immune system.
This treatment is best started at the early stages of this disease. Then, you can gradually increase the amount of beet consumed daily.