Turmeric milk is a traditional drink in India, where people drink it before bed. It’s much like how people in western countries will drink a glass of milk before bed. Turmeric milk has gained a lot of popularity in recent years and it’s not hard to see why. There are many health benefits associated with it and it’s great for your skin too.
Home Made Turmeric Milk
Turmeric is pretty simple to make. Here is how to make it for yourself so you can enjoy the health benefits.
What you Need:
- 1 teaspoon of organic coconut oil
- A quarter teaspoon of turmeric paste
- A cup of almond milk (or your favorite kind of milk)
How to Make it:
- Mix together everything but the honey in a saucepan on a medium heat; don’t let it boil
- After everything is mixed up take it off the heat and add some honey for taste
- Let it cool down a little before drinking it
What Turmeric Milk Can Do For You
People who drink Turmeric milk note the effect the milk has on their digestive system. It keeps it running smoothly and eliminates gas and bloat. This turmeric milk can also make the whites of your eyes whiter.
Arthritis sufferers can find relief through turmeric milk. This is a great benefit considering the millions of people who suffer from arthritis and have limited mobility and a lower quality of life as a result.
It’s also great for women as it is said to improve the complexion. It does this because it is packed with free radicals that remove the toxin so it protects your skin from damage. It gets rid of your dull complexion and gives you a healthy glow instead.
People with eczema should consider drinking turmeric milk too. The evidence that turmeric milk keeps your skin healthy is growing by the day. A recent study published in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology by Kaur C.D of the Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University in Raipur India found that turmeric can help the skin recover after it is damaged by UV radiation.
Turmeric Milk Health Benefits
Now that you understand how to make turmeric milk and what it can do given what it has done for others, you likely have a good idea of the health benefits of turmeric milk. There are plenty of health benefits to this wonderful drink including:
- It helps fight bacterial and viral infections – it’s especially great at combatting respiratory illnesses
- Turmeric milk is able to fight certain cancers such as breast cancer, skin and lung cancer, and prostate and colon cancers – the anti-inflammatory properties enable it to do this
- The anti-inflammatory properties also make it able to help combat arthritis and stomach ulcers
- Turmeric milk is one of the best natural remedies for a cold and cough because of the antibacterial and antiviral properties of this wonderful drink
- Turmeric milk provides relief from any nasty aches and pains
- It has potent antioxidant properties
- Ayurvedic traditions consider turmeric milk to be a great cleanser and purifier for the blood and it improves circulation
- Turmeric milk detoxifies the liver and keeps it healthy
- Milk in general is a great natural source of calcium, which is needed to stay strong and healthy
- It is also a great antiseptic that is a great aid for intestinal health
- Turmeric milk breaks down dietary fats and helps you manage your weight
- Last but not least warm turmeric milk is a great source of tryptophan; an amino acid that helps you sleep peacefully at night
Turmeric has long been used as a medicinal aid. If you’ve never tried turmeric milk for yourself then you’re likely convinced that you should give it a go by now. Drinking turmeric milk regularly improves your overall health and helps you stay beautiful by keeping your skin in good health too